Contact your Legislator: Call to Action: HB0107-Elected Attorney General
Call to Action: HB0107-Elected Attorney General is not yet Introduced and assigned to a committee. Please email the Wyoming House Speaker listed below, and request he introduce this bill and give it an opportunity to be debated.
All you need to do is copy and paste items 1,2,3 in the appropriate places, please feel free to change the message if you wish, correct the county name if needed, or leave as is, and item 4 is to add your name.
1. Send To: Yourself (As I did in this email), Leave Cc: blank
Bcc To: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Subject: Please introduce HB0107-Elected Attorney General
Dear Speaker Sommers,
As a resident of _______________ County, I support HB0107-Elected Attorney General. The people of Wyoming strongly favor the opportunity to be involved in government. Please introduce this bill so that it may be heard. This is one of the most important bills of this session for these reasons:
· An elected Attorney General would answer to the voters rather than the Governor, who currently appoints this person.
· Government at all levels should be at the say of the voter.
· Since the Attorney General is appointed by the Governor, he then answers to the Governor rather than the people.
· The existing system is not always in the best interest of the taxpayers.
· Forty-three (43) states elect their Attorney General.
· With an elected Governor AND an elected Attorney General, this would provide the check and balance of power necessary for our state’s government.
Thank you in advance for introducing HB0107.
4. Add your Name: (Address optional)